“Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”
Over 50 million copies of Dr. Spock”s baby care book sold—now available in e-book format for the first time.
Generations of parents have relied on Dr. Benjamin Spock”s timeless bestseller, Dr. Spock”s Baby and Child Care. It remains the source book, the most authoritative and reliable guide available—no other book besides the Bible has sold so well. Now, after sixty-five years in print, the 9th edition of the beloved guide for new parents is published by Skyhorse Publishing in a color, e-book format for the very first time.
While it is still available in paperback, Dr. Spock”s Baby and Child Care is now available for Kindle, Nook, and iPad from Skyhorse. Along with more than 1,000 pages of invaluable time-tested wisdom as in its previous editions, the e-format will include a search function to help parents locate terms, and updated information by Dr. Robert Needlman on relevant topics, such as:
- Child care in an era of expanding choices
- Promoting success without overstressing competition
- Electronic media and the obsession with electronic games
- New views on nutrition: how to prevent obesity and other chronic illnesses, and enrich happiness
- Creative coping with the stress of economic insecurity
- Diversity in cultures, families, parenting beliefs, and children themselves
- The newest thinking on children with special health and developmental needs
- Solid approaches to common, yet severe conditions including ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, and depression